Sunday 7 March 2021

Vintage Schoolroom Set - Possibly German

Some time ago now, I bought a little set of dolls' house schoolroom furniture as I felt my young Grecons needed to have access to education:


The idea was that I would build a schoolroom for it to go into, but of course I haven't gotten around to that part yet.🙄

I don't know anything about the set, but after seeing a blog post by the very knowledgeable German collector diePuppenstubensammlerin about some vintage German schoolrooms here, I'm wondering if it could be German too, though later in date than those featured in the article.

The set is clearly meant for slightly larger dolls than Grecons as the top of teacher's desk is about level with her eyes, luckily however, Grecons have never been particularly intimidated by size and are happy to clamber around on and peep over the top of most furniture scales.

I'm no expert on dolls' house schools, German or otherwise, but if I had to guess as to the age of the set, I'd say 1970s/1980s, which is why the teacher I’ve installed is of that era - she was an obvious candidate since, to my mind at least, her checked trousers, short-sleeved pullover and matching red-templed spectacles are very ‘teachery’.


She certainly has good classroom control as her young students all seem very attentive and, as all good Grecon collectors will know, Grecons do tend to be unruly by nature so that's no mean feat!

If anyone reading this does happen to have any information about the country of origin/maker/age of this set, I'd love to hear from you. I'm just making a stab in the dark about it being German and 70s/80s and it really wouldn't be surprise me all that much to hear that it's ELC from the last decade, but I'd love to know either way! 🙂

Until next time,
Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment