Monday 15 March 2021

A Small Collection of Roberson Miniatures

Though I don't generally collect modern miniatures, what dolls' house enthusiast could fail to appreciate the amazing talent of modern dolls' house miniature artisans altogether?

I guess that explains why I seem to have accumulated a small collection of the lovely items made by Colin and Yvonne Roberson of Roberson Miniatures.

Roberson sewing box and plant stand with Triang Knole Sofa

The Roberson faux-bamboo pieces in particular seem to blend in well amongst my vintage furnishings, as seen here in the bay window of a 1930s Triang Stockbroker. 

According to their website, Colin and Yvonne have been producing their handcrafted 1:12 scale miniatures since 1977. I understand that in more recent years, their son Tim has become involved in the business too. 

Roberson Miniatures Maker's Mark - CYR

Roberson pieces are easy to identify because they have a distinctive style, are made from metal rather than wood and also because they are signed with the initials 'CYR'.

I thought it might be nice to gather together the Roberson pieces I've bought over the years (all second-hand) and show them all together in a post, so here they are:

Faux-bamboo plant stands and pot plants by Roberson Miniatures

Roberson Miniature pot plants without their stands.

Faux-bamboo plant stand by Roberson Miniatures

Faux-bamboo plant trough by Roberson Miniatures

Faux-bamboo plant stand by Roberson Miniatures

Faux-bamboo umbrella stand and umbrellas by Roberson Miniatures

Faux-bamboo sewing box by Roberson Miniatures

Padded silk lining inside Roberson sewing box

This little sewing box is my favourite piece - I love the surprise of the rich golden silk lining when it's opened.

Period baby carriage by Roberson Miniatures

Three-wheel period pushchair/baby carriage by Roberson Miniatures

Padded leather upholstery.

The two baby vehicles (I'm not sure what the correct term for each of them is!) are my latest acquisitions and the black three-wheeler is a particular favourite.

Until next time,
Zoe

[All photos copyright Zoe Handy.]

2 comments:

  1. I remember these pieces, they were sold in a shop in Bath called The China Doll where I worked in the late 1980s. I used to have some of them, but I think I probably sold them to buy older pieces...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think I’d have taken home much pay if i’d worked in a shop like that!

      Delete