Wednesday 18 October 2017

An Afternoon at Jenny's

Such good intentions of catching up and here I am three and a half weeks later without a single post in between!

Anyway, three and a half weeks ago, I went to see my friend Jenny for the afternoon. She has an utterly fascinating collection of vintage dolls' houses that I could look at and discuss with her until the cows come home. (And I've done just that with her on several occasions now!)

This time we were focusing on Grecons and I wanted to share these photos that I took of one of Jenny's houses (a Triang No. 50) that is 'peopled' by a large family of Grecons - my favourite dolls' house dolls of course!



The house belongs to grandma who, as you can see, adores chintz.  I particularly love the rug and bun case light-shade. Oh and the tiny tube of Polos on side just reminds me of visiting my own grandma who always had a tube of Polo mints on the go.


This is grandma and I think she's possibly the prettiest, most chintzy looking Grecon grandma I've ever seen! The house is so her!



And this is grandma's handsome grandpa!  With his strong eyebrows (matching his wife's), healthy beard and smart waistcoat, this chap probably wows all the Grecon grannies.


And look at the outfit on this lovely young man from the 1940s, presumably the grandson. What a bobby dazzler!



The younger children are all in the room next door where grandma's own brand of chintz continues.  Isn't this a fab room? The paper door just makes me smile, the rug is gorgeous and the two lamps are wonderful.


Upstairs in the bedroom, grandpa apparently put his foot down when it came to chintz and we have a much more subtle wallpaper. Grandma has managed to sneak in a few chintzy accessories though, so grandpa didn't get his own way entirely.  (Is there actually a bed in there? It's hard to see for all grandma's dressmaking fabrics and paraphernalia!)


Changing baby's nappy is this lovely Grecon lady who must surely be Little Miss Muffet or Little Bo Peep!  I've never seen another Grecon like her - what a little cracker!



And in the other bedroom we have this trendy young miss who is into all things 'flower power' - I LOVE her crazy room!


She's great too, with her trendy psychedelic nylon dress, black fishnet tights and upright pony tail!


And finally, a quick glimpse at the bay windows and more of grandma's chintz - go grandma!

Many thanks to Jenny for letting me share these photos of her fab house and its habitants, and for yet another thoroughly enjoyable and absorbing afternoon of dolls' house delights!

Until next time,
Zoe

6 comments:

  1. Grandma is delighted with her home featuring on your blog Zoe, but she's worried everyone will think it's a bit plain so she's off to town tomorrow shopping for a bit of colour...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I can believe it, bless her! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cheerful chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Zoe - and Jenny - for letting us see inside this lovely cosy No. 50. What a versatile model it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome, Edel. Yes, it is a versatile model isn't it? It strikes me that the bare walls are ideal because you can set the house in any period or style without compromising original papers. I also think it's wonderful how individual all our houses are, which is, I suppose, what makes sharing them so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cupcake lightshades

    ReplyDelete