Thursday 19 October 2017

Noah's Ark


Still catching up!

At the beginning of last month, my friend Rosemary visited and brought with her this lovely little Noah's Ark that she'd made from card:


I'd previously admired the one she'd made for a nursery in one of her own dolls' houses and so she'd very kindly made myself and our friend Brooksey one each.

These three pairs of Warwick Miniatures Noah's ark animals were in the nursery of my Triang Princess 2 but I had no ark to go with them, so there was no doubt about where Rosemary's ark would go.


It reminds me of the flat-bottomed ark I saw in May of this year when I visited Ilkley Toy Museum with my friend Jenny.

In keeping with tradition for this toy (and based, of course, on the bible story), both my miniature and the ark in the museum have a little dove holding an olive leaf depicted on the roof.

Thank you once again, Rosemary, for this super little gift. I will treasure it.

Until next time,
Zoe

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely present to get. I love these older type flat-bottomed arks.
    I think we need another look at your Princess - there are a lot of beautiful things not quite in the picture here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I do seem to have the blogging bug this week so... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that you had the Arkless animals so am very happy that they have a base now.

    ReplyDelete