Friday 26 May 2017

Ilkley Toy Museum - Part IV (Final)

A final visit to Ilkley Toy Museum, starting with two wonderful kitchens:


This one is "Probably German c 1900".  It has a look of early Christian Hacker kitchens to me.


This one looks to be German to me too, possibly by Christian Hacker of Maurice Gottschalk but I don't remember if it was labelled.  I absolutely love it!

There are also several beautiful old shops on display:



No prizes for guessing the date of this fabulous German grocery store.



This grocery store is "Danish  Early 20th Century" and very nice it is too!


Back to Germany and Herr Holz in his grocery store from the late 19th century.  There is an integral payment kiosk to the left-hand side (not seen in the photo).



There are some beautiful dolls in this combined butcher's and grocery store.


And a payment kiosk at the back too.  Unfortunately, I didn't make a note of the date or country of origin for this one.


This is a different shop to the one above but it's in similar room box. I wonder if they are related but I don't recall what the information in the museum said about them.


It seems to be a general store, with hardware and fabric amongst the wares on display.


A sweet little butcher's shop.


I think that this was his living accommodation but perhaps Jenny will correct me if I'm wrong.  

And one final photo of a lovely set of schoolroom furniture:


I do love a schoolroom scene!

So that's it from Ilkley Toy Museum.  Unfortunately, Jenny and I only had an hour to look around, so I didn't get a chance to make as many notes as I would have liked to, but never mind, I will just have to visit again soon to fill in the blanks!

Until next time,
Zoe

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe, brilliant photos again. Have to say I had forgotten some of the things already. I do think that is the butchers accommodation in one of the photos, the base looks the same colour. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this blog, wonderful to be able to see everything again. It was a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to forget the details isn't it? I'm still sore that we have no photos from Hoghton Tower...

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing these great pictures Zoe. If I ever get to Yorkshire, Ilkley will be at the top of my sightseeing list. I love the range and variety of the houses, rooms and shops you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased you enjoyed the blogs, Edel and yes, a visit is a must if you're ever in the area (and to my place too of course!) The Collection was a very pleasant surprise - I really didn't expect it from a little toy museum in a tiny West Yorkshire spa-town.

      Delete