Saturday 13 May 2017

Dolls' House Doings Today

One or two minor dolls' house happenings here today.


Firstly, this little object arrived in the post. It's two inches high and I don't know if it was originally made for a dolls' house, but it will make an excellent (if sizeable), decorative ice bucket.    


The inside is painted with enamel and it has a little pair of tongs with it.  It was very inexpensive and as soon as I saw it I knew the inhabitants of my Ultra Modern (Triang 53) would have to have it.


I filled it with ice (broken car windscreen glass - a tip I got from Cestina) and Percy, Liz, Antonio and Guy are delighted with it.  If any household needs a large ice bucket it's this one..!


Next, a bonnie wee Scots lassie called Jeanette, reminded members on the Dolls' House Past & Present website that now would be a good time to collect tiny flowers to press.  I would love to have a go at making a dolls' house picture with dried flowers so, while I was out walking with the dogs today, I collected this assortment of flowers and foliage.


This is what I ended up with from that pile - flowers that looked tiny outdoors actually looked much larger when I started visualising them in little picture frames!  Anyway, I arranged the little flowers and leaves on a piece of watercolour paper and placed another on top.


The flowers are now squashed beneath a pile of books on a bookshelf and I will wait with baited breath (I'm not sure for how long - I'll have to look into that!) to see if I end up with anything I can use. I will report back on how I got on in due course.


Finally, I have been trying to make my mind up between two fabrics for the bedding in the Triang Princess 2. 

I received these very pretty small-print fabrics during a fabric swap with my friend, Edel.

The sprigged fabric at the back is gorgeous but I think I'm favouring the striped one at the front as it seems to provide a bit of contrast to the green walls whereas the other one seems to be absorbing the green. I will continue to mull it over.

Until next time,
Zoe

4 comments:

  1. A further thought regarding fabrics for beds, I wonder if it's the position of them. I will have to take a photo with the beds swapped over, maybe the stripped fabric will absorb the green if it's at the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might help. At the moment the stripe does look better.

      Delete
  2. Somehow I missed this post Zoe and only just discovered it. The pineapple is fab and so perfect for Guy and Antonio. Did you smash a windscreen to get the "ice"(lol)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That would be a little extreme. I did have the ironic explosion of the safety glass on my reading lamp which provided 'ice' too - this might actually be from that rather than a car park, when I think about it.

      Delete