Sunday 16 April 2017

Placing and Pondering

Yesterday, I spent a very pleasant hour or so 'placing' a couple of the items I've bought in the last few weeks - some might call it playing!


Isn't it disappointing when you buy something with a particular place in mind for it but when you try it out there it just doesn't look right?  Luckily, the opposite was the case with this Colin and Yvonne Roberson plant trough, I added a couple of plants - kindly donated by Ophelia from her walled garden - and put it in the porch of 'Agar Hall' (my Triang No.81) and I'm pleased as punch with it.


I also 'won' this Pit-a-Pat fire screen in a job lot and have added it to the living room of 'Y Bwthyn Bach' (my Triang Princess 2) which should probably have a change of name to Pit-a-Pat Cottage as it's steadily filling up with furniture from that range (the china cabinet, fireplace, mantle clock, round coffee table and green suite in this photo are all Pit-a-Pat) which seems to suit it to a tee.  I also added these finely crocheted antimacassars by Carol Snow to the suite for a nice homely touch.


The developing Pit-a-Pat theme in the house led me on to pondering the bedroom. I'm not sure why, but I've never been entirely happy about the bedroom.  I do love the furniture, especially the big Triang Jacobean Period Furniture four poster which was a very lucky find, but I can never make my mind up if it is right for this house. Rita, the lady of the house, has never been entirely comfortable with it either, she feels it's a little too grand for a cottage and for her too, given her humble background.  


I do have this lovely brown Pit-a-Pat bedroom suite, currently on trial in the attic room of Agar Hall. The matching twin beds don't yet have bedding so these two dressed beds are standing in for them at the moment.   The question is, do I put the Pit-a-Pat into the bedroom of Y Bwthyn Bach where I do think it would look nice.   BUT, if I do that, where will the Elgin for Triang furniture from there go? The four poster certainly won't fit in here.  AND, the Pit-a-Pat does fit this room quite nicely.  Decisions, decisions..  I suppose I'll just have to do a bit more pondering and 'placing' until it all works itself out - quel domage!

Until next time,
Zoe

6 comments:

  1. Love the Triang 4 poster bed. Where did you find the wonderful lantern in the porch of Agar Hall? It really makes the whole porch look very grand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, R! The lantern was a very cheap buy from Pudsey fair last November, I think it's actually an old Christmas tree decoration but as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for Agar Hall's porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rooms - particularly fond of the sitting room, its furniture and all its bits and bobs. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Triang bedroom looks perfect, however when all the rooms are viewed together you can usually get a better feel of what is not quite "right." If you feel the house is starting to represent Pit a Pat the 4 poster will stand out. Some quite humble cottagey houses had 4 posters though. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, Jenny, thanks! I'll take a photo of the whole of the open front (I seem to be able to be more objective when looking at photos than the real thing for some reason) and see what I think. I'll also try the Pit-a-Pat in there and take a photo of that too. I'll keep you posted. If the Pit-a-Pat looks best, I suppose I could always consider acquiring another house for the Triang furniture... LOL

      Delete