Sunday 27 November 2022

Stairway to Heaven

My biggest EVER dolls' house project began last week. There are, however, no miniatures involved in it.


Because this is it... a 1:1 scale loft conversion.

Having moved from North Yorkshire to my home county of Durham earlier this year, I'm wasting no time in opening up the loft in our new house to create a great space for my dolls' housing activities.


These were the exiting moments when the very heavy stairs were winched into the stairwell and lowered into place.

My friend Claire quipped that it's my Stairway to Heaven - I love that and it will forevermore be known as exactly that!


Unlike our old house, the new one was built with attic trusses, so, with the staircase now in place, the rest of the conversion isn't as big a job as it might have been. Hopefully, with good luck and a fair wind (not to mention the required Building Regs approval!) I'll soon have two lovely rooms up there in which to spread my wings.

The photo above shows the area which will become a workroom and storage area.


And this photo shows the area which will be the dolls' house room. Well, that's the plan for now...

So much space - I can hardly contain my excitement!

Until next time,
Zoe

Edit: You can see the outcome in my post from June 2023 here!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!!! Fabulatious space to work with. Wonderful (and I love the "stairway to heaven")
    All the best and plenty of elbow grease wished upon you

    ReplyDelete