Friday 2 March 2018

Ready-Made: My Favourite Type of Curtain!

Because I hate sewing, several of my houses have been waiting an obscene length of time for curtains. The Chalet was one of those houses.


But not any more since I 'won' these vintage net curtains on eBay for £6!


I thought of The Chalet as soon as I saw them and am please as punch with how they fit and look

AND it was brilliant not to have to sew a single stitch (or more like glue a single seam if I'm honest!)


Houses always look so much more lived in once the curtains are up. The resident family agrees.

There was even a spare one which has been hung at the window on the landing in the Princess 2 - only the living room needing curtains in that house now.


Back in The Chalet, I think Ludwig's getting it in the neck again from Gloria about the pet sheep he's kept since he hand-fed it as an orphaned lamb. It's never been quite as house-trained as she'd like.........

Until next time,
Zoe

6 comments:

  1. What serendipity, Zoe. They look perfect in both houses.
    Given sheep's reputed lack of intellect, however is Ludwig going to resolve his problem? I look forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, isn't he? The little label on his tummy says he's a West German 'Handwork' sheep.

      Delete
  3. The curtains are a brilliant buy, they look very Gloria!

    ReplyDelete