Tuesday 6 March 2018

Posh Dogs, Fabulous Artwork and Perfect Fireplaces

Just a little blog to cover three things I'm particularly pleased with this week.

Firstly, posh dogs:


Honestly, how could I resist these two pedigree pipe pooches?  They're clearly top-class Standard Poodles and blimey don't they know it!

They're called Portia (blue collar) and Perdita (red collar).

Portia was missing her collar when she arrived so I made her one to match Perdita's with a little bit of royal blue suede and some tiny beads.

I think I know just the snooty Grecon owner for them, but that's a tale for another day and my Grecondale blog.

Next up is fabulous artwork:


My talented friend Rosemary painted this gorgeous miniature, 'Lady with a Little Dog', for me and it arrived in the post today. It measures just 4.5 x 7.5 cms (1 3/4" x 3") and is beautifully detailed.

Cavalier King Charles spaniels are my favourite dogs (albeit of the rescue variety these days) and I have a not-long-ago arrived Blenheim just like the one resting happily on the lady's lap (as they do!)

I'll be on the lookout for a suitable frame for it and can't wait to see it hanging on the wall of one of my dolls' houses soon. What a special and unexpected gift.

And finally, Perfect Fireplaces:


I bought this Triang Jacobean fireplace this week and it arrived in the post today too.

The gentlemen's smoking and games room in the attic of my Triang No.81 (Agar Hall) needed something on the back wall to brighten up the dark wallpaper. This is perfect for it.

Now I need to gather a few twigs and some red foil to get a fire going and I think a few knick-knacks are required for the mantlepiece and cushions for settles.

And, probably the most important thing of all, it will need some sort of drinks cabinet. If not an actual bar!

Until next time,
Zoe

4 comments:

  1. Great choice of things! The posh dogs are beautiful and what good names for them. I hope Nora knows that you have a miniature portrait of her! The fire place in the attic looks very at home there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. Nora EXPECTS a miniature portrait of herself! Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Fab finds Zoe! The dogs are very special indeed, and Rosemary's painting is magnificent. And any gents enjoying that splendid fireplace (as well as any ladies who might look in) definitely need a drinks cabinet.

    ReplyDelete