Friday 20 October 2023

Halloween Preparations - Part Two

My non-spooky Halloween room box is finished!

And here it is looking a lot more lived-in.

Here we have the left-hand side.

I thoroughly enjoyed raiding my 'stash' for bits and pieces to fill up the shelves.

Did you spot the sweetest little baby mouse asleep in his walnut crib by the stove? Bought from MomapawsHomecraft on Etsy.

The stove corner looks much cosier with all of its copper-ware in place.

Next we have a view of the middle of the room.

The re-modelled sink unit looks very at home.

As does the little cupboard above it, made from two of its doors.

And here we have a view of the right-hand side of the room.

I'm glad I stuck with the dark wood corner shelves which do look much lighter now that they are full of provisions.

The kitchen is well-stocked with bread and cheese for snacks - essential mouse fodder!

I went to town with nick nacks on the shelves...

...and walls.

Everything on the shelves is held in place with Tacky Wax - that's a lot of Tacky Wax!

Poppy and Pip, the little mice made by my mother, are all set for their Trick or Treat excursion...

...with their pumpkin, a bag for treats and a flask of hot tea. There is also a special Halloween cake for when they get back home (alas, not my work but a present from a friend). I'm not sure what the KitKats are for, maybe insurance in case the neighbours all turn off their lights and hide behind their sofas!

And this is a photo of the lit room box, taken in the dark.

I hope the kids like it when Halloween arrives, but actually, it's been such good fun to do, I don't really care, ha ha!

Until next time,
Zoe

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Zoe, I'm enjoying all the wonderful details. The sleepy mouse in his walnut shell steals the show! And am I imagining a martin's nest on the back wall?
    Edel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Edel. I think I see what you mean but no, no martin’s nest, just damp! xx

      Delete
    2. ... or my over-active imagination! I love so much that your Hallowe'en room is absolutely non-spooky. I bet the local children of all ages will really love it 😊 Edel

      Delete
  2. Absolutely superb I adore it. Big smile on my face throughout reading and looking and will go back to look again and again. Tell me, did the cheese come ready piled?
    So lively and interesting, lived in and full of joy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!

      Delete
    2. P.S. Yes, the cheese did come ready-piled!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Zoe, with lots of lovely detail, sure the local children will be very impressed when they call at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab. Love all of it

    ReplyDelete