Tuesday 15 October 2013

Phase One Face Lift Complete!

The new look Droopy!


Front All Finished

Photo © Keystonecrazy 2013

And about time too I hear you say!

Yes it has taken me a while but I have now completed the exterior front. Only the chimney missing but I'm planning to make and fit those last.


Very Grand Front Entrance

Photo © Keystonecrazy 2013

The doorway and door took me a while because what do you know, the required mouldings are available in the US but not the UK.  I wasn't going to pay the earth for a little piece of wood from the US so I had to make my own by gluing rounded edge pieces of wood together.  I'm pleased with the result though. 

Phase Two, the posterior lift (ooh la la!) is underway and I hope to be reporting on that very soon!

4 comments:

  1. YOU AND YOUR TALENT ARE TOTALLY AMAZING!! What a fantastic job you have done so far...your graphics are wonderful and you did an amazing job on the doorway, door and windows. I will enjoy following your progress....and be so jealous of your talent!
    I too am Keystone crazy....probably because I had a Keystone Tudor while growing up in the 40s-50s. They are wonderful houses with so much character. I have the double put-a-way and would be happy to share pics of the interior graphics if you want them. Cheers! Florine

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU, FLORINE! It's so nice to have such positive feedback from real Keystoners!! I have now finished the other side of the house and all I have left to do is the chimney which I hope to get done in the next day or two so I should be posting my progress this weekend.
    Thanks so much for your kind offer regarding the graphics, I will certainly bear that in mind and be in touch if I am stuck.
    Very best wishes, Zoe
    P.S. Had a look at your fab blog and really enjoyed it - will definitely be following it in future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the roof? Those shingles are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Little Loosie! No secret to the roof really, I just painted my Masonite dark brown and after ruling the lines for the shingles in pencil, I painted on the lighter shingles and lines by hand. I used your house as a guide for where to put the lighter shingles so they are an 'approximate' copy of the pattern seen on the original. Glad you like it!

      Delete