Saturday 24 April 2021

A Spot of Gardening

I've got that happy feeling that ticking something off your 'To Do' list gives you!

A New Garden for the 1950s Dora Kuhn Chalet
Photo © Zoe Handy

I've had a small collection of garden items gathering in front of this house for some time and each time I wanted to open the front, I had to move them. So I decided a while ago that it would be nice to have a proper garden for the items to sit in and then it would be easily removable whenever I needed access to the house.

But it was only a few months back that I eventually found four sections of the German wooden fencing which I had in mind for the perimeter. 

Once I had that, I simply cut a piece of plywood to fit around the steps (which are attached to the base of the house) and covered it in the grass sheeting produced for model railway landscapes. I then used the smallest possible amount of glue to attach the fence to the grass, hopefully leaving it all perfectly detachable should someone want to dismantle it in the future.

Home-made Log Pile
Photo © Zoe Handy

I finally finished the project this week by making the little log pile to go with the fab little two-man cross-cut saw which was a recent lucky find.

Double Dog Kennel - Twin Dogs Needed Before the Rabbits Move In!
Photo © Zoe Handy

The garden is quite a hotchpotch of items and probably the only thing linking them is the fact that I really like them all!

Bird House and Water Pump
Photo © Zoe Handy

It's a happy little garden for a happy little house. 🙂

Until next time,
Zoe

4 comments:

  1. This is a really good idea, moving all the bits from in front of a dolls house so you can open the doors is a huge irritation to me. You have some charming items here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it’s so easy and I still have most of a roll of ‘grass’, I can see more gardens springing up in Grecondale!

      Delete